Tuesday, January 20, 2015

When Hell Freezes Over


   At the beginning of this this month, I was listening to the 1st Movement of Vivaldi's 'Winter'. When I first heard the piece, I felt the maddening and almost maniacal desperation in many of the notes. The constant bowing of the strings and relentless speed continues to take hold of me.
   So, I decided I should take the craziness to a whole new level...and began to write a Piano Solo transcription >:D

   For those who may not be familiar with the piece, here is a video the work.


   I cannot recall who made the recording I first listened to, but it was much faster than the one in this video. Despite my need for speed, the tempo performed by Daniel Phillips is accurate to the score and the time period this was written.

   Just yesterday I finished writing my transcription (or version of the piece). However, I am currently adding in the fingering notations and writing down what techniques need to be utilized. Keep in mind that I am using a free music composition software (MuseScore) so the audio may be a bit mediocre.
   But without further ado, here's the audio of: Transcription of Vivaldi's Four Seasons- 'Winter': "When Hell Freezes Over" by Justin Schmidt.



No comments:

Post a Comment